Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Miracles still happen

This may seem so trivial to some but that's okay, I'll share anyway.

Our last paycheck was on the 10th. 12 days ago. It was one of those paychecks that as soon as it was in the account, it was gone. Dumb mortgage anyway.

We've been trying so very hard to not go into our overdraft and just wait until payday for the stuff we need. Like diapers, butter, milk, gas...you know the stuff. Actual needs. Not just Starbucks. :)

Last weekend we left town with 27 bucks in cash. My SIL drove, so we didn't have to pay for gas right then, and I'd already set aside money for our motel. We got coffees and some candy while we were there and some french fries a salad and some sodas while we were gone too. We came back with four dollars in cash.

My van has this nifty little deal that tells you how many miles you have until empty. This morning as I drove to my doctor's appt. it was reading "0 Miles to Empty."

Bugger.

Josh told me to go put a few dollars in. I cringed. The 7 bucks in our account I wanted to save until payday, just so I could say I went an entire week without coffees or any other spending. But I'm just so obedient to my husband shud it that I was headed to the gas station. The needle under the red line. The little display thing still reading, "0 Miles to Empty." When I hear a ding. I look at my gas gauge. The light has gone off. And the display reads, " 41 Miles to Empty."

Seriously.

Jesus loves me, this I know, for the gas gauge told me so.

7 comments:

Brittany said...

Don't you just love our God.

javamamma said...

Totally cool!

Unknown said...

That's awesome. God cares about all those little details in our lives, just as much as the big things. Thanks for sharing this.

Jeana said...

No. Way. That is awesome.

Bubba01 said...

You gave me goose bumps from amazement of God's love.....then you had me on the floor in laughter with your version of "Jesus Loves Me". :)
You just made my day!
luvs,
Mary

amber said...

For the gas gauge me told me so!

*@*

The W.O.W. factor! said...

Yes He does love you…whether the gas gauge says so or not! Just gave me shivers though, knowing that He told you so right then and there!