Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Fruit fly update because I know you're all dying to know who gets the gift card

No one seemed too excited about the Starbucks gift card, I must be the only Starbucks crazed chick around these blogging parts.

Thank you to all of you who commented or sent messages to me via MySpace. ;)

So far, the cone seems to be working! Thank you, Jeana! Sadly, I had to have her pretty much draw me a picture of what she was talking about. I need pictures, I'm not very good at following directions written down.

I have about 8 of those little nasty guys that have found themselves inside of the trap. I have six or seven more just lingering on the cone. They will go in, they will!

zI tried the apple cider vinegar with plastic wrap, they loved it. But I think I must have some really smart lil fruit flies because they just decided to hang out and chat. They never went in the holes. So, I made the holes bigger. Nope, no work-y either. This cone deal seems to be the trick.

Jeana, if you aren't afraid to receive yearly Christmas cards and chain letters about sending 10 dish towels and receiving 37 in return, email me your address and I'll send you the gift card. Thank you for the emails...with pictures. :) I double stuff pink puffy heart you at this moment.

Oh, and you also get this award. No need to thank me.

4 comments:

The W.O.W. factor! said...

Sarah, you are so funny! Love the award you got for Jeana!
(I am a Starbuck's fan...but the closest one to me in on WSU campus!..too far..and too chaotic for me...so you just get to have one more yourself!)

Patzke's said...

Glad something worked for you. They aren't fun to have around.

Corie said...

I am a HUGE Starbucks fan, but I had zero advice to give. I thought about searching the internet for fly catching techniques, but didn't want to suggest something I hadn't tried.

Have those other 6 or 7 flies gone in the cone yet???

Breanna said...

Ah, I wish I had known earlier and I would have gladly made up some fruit fly remedy for the chance for a Starbucks' gift card!