Thursday, October 09, 2008

Some blatherings, more so than normal.

Dear Diary is on hiatus, did you notice? Didn't think so.

At this very moment my baby girl is sucking on Shadow's paw. Uh huh, she is. Stop her! Naaa, dirt builds immunities. We like immunities.

I lay her on one area of the carpet, turn around, and find her completely across the room. Five months old and already on the go. I really love this baby. She brings the most amazing joy to our family.



Our sweet older daughter...oh my goodness. This girl. Still, mouth wide open for pictures. I have a love/hate for the pictures she's been taking lately. I know she'll grow out of it. I know I could tell her to smile nice. But part of me, the part that wants to just let her be a little girl, says what the heck...just let her smile like a moron. I mean that in the most loving motherly way, of course. There's the part of me that just wants the nice picture though!

As I type, Shadow has moved away from the baby and has decided to roll around the way the baby does. I think he knows I think she's cute and he wants to be cute too. Dorky dog. I do love him but his hair drives me up the wall. It's all over. I love to vacuum but I used to do it every 3 days, now I must do it every gosh darn day!

My husband's contract with his company is up in 6 days. The manager of the store believes they'll come to him with an offer. Josh is trying to decide if he wants to stay there or not. We just have other aspirations. I guess we'll see in six days.

The colder weather is welcomed. It's weird to wear socks and tennies and not my flips. My feet almost didn't know what to do being all covered up. The thing about Fall that I don't enjoy-we have trees. Trees with big leaves. Big leaves that like to fall out of trees. That part blows. hehe I don't enjoy the raking of leaves. "In every job that must be done, there is an element of fun. Find the fun and snap! the job's a game!" Ya gotta love Mary Poppins. Guess I'll try to make leaf raking fun.

The Lord has been speaking to my heart in the last couple of weeks. Josh said to me a couple of days ago that I haven't been myself lately. I don't know how to describe it. I was trying to tell my SIL about it some but the words just don't come out right. I'm slacking in many areas of my life. My faith, my wifely-ness, my mothering and my relationships. I am an all or nothing kinda girl. Mostly nothing. Seriously. I get on these kicks and I'm totally stoked about something and if I fail at whatever I'm trying to do, whether it be daily devotions, making breakfast for Josh, consistent parenting, being a good friend...if I slip, I want to give up trying altogether. What's the point of doing any of it, if I can't do it all? And especially if I can't do it all perfectly. Thus, is the way my thoughts tend to go. It's not right. I know that. But it doesn't change that that's where I am.

I was up at 1 a.m. this morning. Up as in, out of my bed, sitting on the couch up. Bible in my lap. Asking the Lord to just show me. Help me. Something.

Nothing.

Or maybe I just didn't hear. I don't know. So, I go back to bed. Tossed. Turned. And realized, I haven't repented. I haven't asked Him to forgive me in the areas I'm slacking. So, I did. I just laid it out there. I fell asleep quickly.

The next three hours were pretty good hours of sleep. I woke up excited. I'm going to try again. Try harder. And try with His help, His strength. His strength is made perfect in my weakness. And oh, how I'm weak.

My posts may be more sporadic as I figure some stuff out.

Stick with me, I'll be around.





8 comments:

javamamma said...

He is faithful to answer when we seek Him. And we don't have to have it all together for Him to love us. So cool.

Can't wait to hear how your life changes (or doesn't) in the next 6 days!

Bubba01 said...

O.K....Now I see what ya mean 'bout the mouth open pics...Very cute. lol Ya know, it could be worse...she could be frowning, crying, or giving a totally fake smile... Alright, hey girl, I am praying for you-truly. I am not good at reading God's word daily, but I do make time to pray (whether it be 2 in the morning or 10 at night:) ). Let's have a good day tomorrow!
God's blessings,
Mary

Anonymous said...

I feel the same way. I am an "All OR Nothing girl" Thanks for sharing your heart. I found a devotion a couple of weeks ago that has helped me out. I will email it to you.

Your girls are so cute!

Thanks for the comment you left on my blog. I have not lost weight but I am trying so it was very encouraging to hear that. Total optical illusion though.

The W.O.W. factor! said...

Look at those girls smiles!! How precious! You are doing somethings crrect, my dear Sarah!
6 days?? Going to be interesting to see what you put out here in 6 days..........

Erica Lynn said...

It's amazing to me that we are going through the same thing at the same time. I was thinking it would be fun to get together and have a prayer/bible time together once a week. You know if we could figure out the ridiculously expensive liquid that our cars rely on. I'm thinking my van needs to go to rehab for it, it's getting out of hand. Anywho, I love you and I'm praying.

Patzke's said...

I'll be praying for you and what works out for you. Just remember that God doesn't require you to change just show up. He will show you what you want to know if you keep asking.

Corie said...

Sarah, I love that you aren't afraid to put it all out there. I love that I know I am not the only one who struggles with certain areas. Reading this post has inspired me... you have a tendency to do that. Just thought you should know. :)

And, oh my goodness. Look at how big your baby is getting!!! Gotta love that grin!

Keep the posts comin'... sporadic or not.

Fatcat said...

I think we all struggle with these types of things. I pray for the fruits of the Spirit; love, joy, peace, patience, gentleness, goodness and (the biggie) self-control" but I'm not there yet.

You might want to read the Flylady's posts on perfectionism. www.flylady.net