Thanks to Natalie, I know the law about my kiddos in the truck.
They're to be belted in.
Oops.
Don't get me wrong, they will be. Just not all the time. Legally, Josh is allowed to drive a certain number of hours per day. I'm thinking 11 but I'm probably totally wrong. Luckily that's his department.
Point is, I can't keep my kids locked up in their car seats for 11 hours a day. Having them loose in the truck is a concern of mine. A big one in fact. I worry. I wouldn't be me if I didn't worry. I worry about driving to get coffee every morning.
No, seriously. I do.
I am fearful of other cars all the time. Always scared someone is going to run a red light. Two days ago a man came about 5 feet from slamming into my van. He had started to run a red light. I panicked. Froze. I thanked the Lord for watching over us. It could have been quite ugly.
I want every morning to wake and ask the Lord for His protection over our truck and our trips. I have to trust Him.
I also trust my husband. He is extremely capable of installing car seats. Last night we went to the store and found the hardware needed to install the seats into the truck. When we get the truck, it's first thing on the "to do" list.
Keely asked about Shadow. (How did I know you would?!) Before we knew my mom and niece and nephews would be moving in my aunt and uncle agreed to take him. A perfect home for him. Now that someone will be here, we can keep Shadow. This makes me one happy mama. Just this morning Jaylee had her blanket and was all cuddled up with Shadow in the living room. I can't imagine giving him up. And he'll be so excited to have more friends to play with during the week.
A question that was asked by my friend Janie last week when her and her family came for dinner..."what about Amber?" I seriously laughed out loud over this!
Unfortunately, she can't come. And I don't think she'd want to. While Amber and I are very much alike in many ways (we know when to use they're, their, and there) we like acronyms, (NKOTB being our favorite acronym) but we're different in the way that it would make her insane to not know from day to day where we're going.
She totally supports what we're doing but we both know it just wouldn't be something she'd want to do. (Don't think I haven't considered kicking Josh out the truck for a week and taking Amber on a trip!)
All kidding aside-I do worry about my friendships. While I don't make as much effort seeing my three friends as I should, I know they are all within 20 minutes of my home. Now, I'll be lucky if they're within 200 miles. My weekends will be busy playing catch up on laundry, household duties, cooking, etc. But my weekends will also be busy playing catch on the lives of my friend(s).
Thank you for encouraging my family and me. I am a very blessed girl, indeed!
3 comments:
Clearly I would ask about the dog, I have no children so I like to spend my time worrying about the dogs. Are they happy? Why is Thisbe so itchy? Why does she eat paint? Can they get out of the yard? Are they too fat/skinny? Does Rico hate Thisbe? Does Thisbe think it's unfair that Rico sleeps in the bed and she has to sleep on the floor? I should probably have kids soon so that I can worry about them instead:)
We'll be FINE! Oh yes we will.. I think we'd be more unFine (uh huh, unFine) if I went. My panic attacks about not knowing where were, where we were going, that I could shower at ANY time, and having too much heat would break us up faster than anything!
I hadn't thought about the seatbelt issue...I guess I'm a little surprised that they have to be belted in. But I totally get that it's not reasonable to make them sit there for 11 hours a day.
Are there weeks when your hubby will be off and you will be at home for a longer stretch? Is he going to be self-employed and sort of set his own schedule, or does he work for someone else? I don't know much about these things, so sorry if these are silly questions. :)
Post a Comment