Monday, April 06, 2009

Pulled

Last night I wrote out a post.

At 2 a.m. I woke up unable to fall back to sleep.

I was panicked over someone reading what I'd written.

Fearful of being judged.

Fearful of hurting any family who may read it. (not that many in my own family read this)

The first thing I did when I got up this morning was to delete the post, rather...I saved it as draft.

Before I had a chance to do it I had four comments.

Jackie
Linda
Maria
Miriam

As I laid in bed last night I was sure I would have hate mail over my post.

Instead, I find that these four women have loved on and encouraged me.

I still pulled the post.

But, ladies, I want to say thank you. It was nice to know this morning that my thoughts (though not necessarily right) aren't neccessarily out of line either.

I may put the post back up, but for now, it's going to sit.

5 comments:

Ruth Ann said...

That explains why I couldn't find it! Always share the truth. I know I have always been encouraged by what you write and I know others have been as well.

Maria said...

HUGS SARAH!

Never "Society" Norm said...

Best to seek Jesus about it first=). I know that I have said things I regret saying all the time. If I had just givin' it over to Jesus, all the hurt feelings woulda never happened. Or, if it is eating you up inside.....I have found it best to take it straight to that person (I am not a pro at this myself, but I am getting better! lol)
Luvs!

Unknown said...

I didn't see the original post, but I just wanted to say that I've had moments like you did when I just fret about something I've put on my blog. My blog has gotten me into trouble with more than one person more than once. I don't back down, though. This is MY outlet whether they like it or not. Of course, I have taken down what I feel are the scandalous posts, but here lately I've kept up a few. I truly feel that somewhere out there someone does understand my reasoning for posting...no matter how trivial, petty or even random it may be!

I love your blog & your honesty!

Sara@iSass said...

I went back in my site reader and was going to read that post too.
It was deleted...I get it.
But I DO want you to know, I feel blogs are personal, yeah, I get that you hit the button and it's "out there for all to read" but it's still personal. My attitude is if yu don't like what you read, sorry but you ar not writing it. Harsh, I know. But God sees us, He knows what we were going to post, or posted. We can only be CLEAR and see through with him. We just put that part out of our minds. I like to hear the REALness of life...I'm encouraged by that, the good and the ugly. We need to prop each other up when it's low, or appluad each other when it's good...There is NO judgment from me. I love ya girl!
You keep it real, we've all had those times...