Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Day two


By far better than day one. Amazing what no puke can do for all of our moods.

It has been a very long day. The girls were bunked down for bed before 7:30 tonight. We are trying different sleeping arrangements tonight. Last night I tried the top bunk with Spice but she is ridiculously squirmy. Josh ended up bundling her all up and laying her on the floor. (you can call CPS if you'd like, I'll have the kids' bags packed.)
I ended up sleeping with Sugar on the bottom bunk which also is shared with our fridge. Not comfy. Tonight I stuck Sugar up top and Spice fell asleep in her carseat. Josh will sleep up top and we may put the wee babe on the floor again. Just depends on if she will lie still next to me when I bust her out of her seat.

I got an hour nap in today which was nice. Sugar sat up front with Daddy and Spice was napping too.

We have been eating leftover ham from Easter dinner with sliced cheese and Ritz crackers for all our meals. Stinks not having our microwave yet. Looking forward to payday in a couple of weeks....
I had made some pumpkin chocolate chip muffins yesterday before we left so we had those for breakfast. Love those!

We have driven about 400 miles today. Currently we have a load of hay that needs to be up north of Seattle tomorrow. We have about a 500 mile trip ahead of us. To be legal in the log book we need to take it easy getting up there; fudging stuff early on isn't the best idea.
I need to get my license too and then we wouldn't have to worry.

Drives me crazy that we were so close to some of my family and friends in Idaho today yet couldn't stop. We'll be on I-5 tomorrow too and it is such a bummer we most likely won't get to see our friends who live near there.

Because I really need a shower. =)

Couldn't bring myself to pay 9 bucks for one today. Normally when you fill up you get a free shower but Josh filled up last night.
Boo.

Tomorrow I will be willing to pay twenty bucks for a shower.


-- Post From My iPhone

9 comments:

Maria said...

Loving these updates.... I hope today is even a better day than yesterday.. and that you get your shower. I'd pay 50$ - I'm just saying........

javamamma said...

Love being a part of what you're doing and where you're at via these updates! Have a fun ride today and I hope you get your shower!

Miriam said...

I love it! Keep it coming :)

Jackie said...

I look forward to your posts every day - so fascinating! Glad Day Two went a little better, and girl, I hope you get that microwave soon - I would imagine that ham and cheese and crackers will get old pretty quickly.

If you are ever down this way, my shower is open to you! :)

Natalie said...

Swing by our house for a shower! We're right off I-5 and north of Seattle. There's even a spot to park the truck and a playground for the girls to stretch their legs and get their swing on. =)

Thanks for keeping us all informed - it's fun knowing what you're up to!

Natalie said...

I forgot to add: Seriously, call or email me if you need a place to stop. Jack is home.

Duckygirl said...

You crack me up!

...and I'm praying that today you find a way to get that shower :)

TAMI said...

Diary of an adventure!! Sure fun to read.

Cindy-Still His Girl said...

Girlfriend, I would like to buy you a shower. You just tell me where to spend the money. :)

You are a trooper!