Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Dude, the Mother of all Birthday Presents

If we're friends on Facebook, you already know what Josh's birthday gift to me was.

And if we're not friends on FB, then that's what this post is all about!

For several months and then very much so in these last couple of months, I have been wanting a laptop.

And not just any laptop.

An orange one.

My only requirements were that it be Dell and...orange.

But pretty, colored ones cost more money. Usually. And the one I'd wanted was about 1700 smacks. Holy smokes.

I just don't think so. I wasn't even willing to spend half that.

In all honesty, after my amazing husband bought me an iPhone, I didn't think I'd be getting a laptop til my 93rd birthday.

But lo and behold!

I was wrong!

(mark your calendars, because that doesn't happen very often!)

I came home for my birthday. I wasn't too excited about spending it in the truck since it was a git 'er done time of the week. If we'd had some down time, I would have been all about it, knowing that my husband would treat me to dinner somewhere fun. But the way the schedule was working out, he'd be treating me to a coupla truck stop burritoes with a fountain drink and since we were low on plastic bags, I opted to go home for my birthday.

I'm such a drag, huh?

He had asked me what I wanted for my birthday. I didn't have to tell him, he's no dummy. (though he's been called a "Dumb Truck Driver")

Josh told me we'd go shopping on Saturday. He didn't say what for.

But I'm no dummy!

I started looking on Dell's Outlet website and found 'er. The sweet love of my life.

I am sooo computer illiterate it's not even funny. I have no idea what I have in my hands other than that she's 17" of pure Tangerine Orange bliss!

I wish I could show you pictures. But I'm too lazy to get my camera. If we're FB friends, I'll be uploading them to there for you to have a look-see.

No hate mail, please. I already know I am a spoiled rotten brat. But, you see, I'm okay with that. After 11 years of marriage, he still spoils me.

And I'm okay with that!

It wasn't an easy decision. I have a harder time spending money when we have it. It's a weird thing I have. If the money isn't there to spend, well then let's go shopping! But if I have it, I think of every blasted thing I could be doing with the money. I had quite a list going and I'm so thankful to FB friends who encouraged me. =) So, the list of stuff I could have done with laptop money will have to wait until apple harvest when Josh is putting in crazy hours. Our next fatty paycheck is all his.

He plans to buy a turbo for Suburban. Can you hear Tim Allen right now? Me too.

I will post a picture of Nemo soon. Promise.

Yes, Nemo.

Sugar just saw that movie for the first time and when I opened the box, she asked me what her name was. Since she's Tangerine Orange, I was thinking Tang would be fun. Sugar disagreed.

"No, no, Mama, her name is Nemo. Because she's orange!"

Alright, kid.

So, Nemo it is.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Half way through the post I was wondering if you had named it yet. You didn't disappoint.

Maria said...

Congratulations.. I saw her she is beautiful.. I want one.. I don't care what color....but ORANGE is very nice...

Tiffany said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
And I hope you enjoy your laptop! I love mine!

Sara@iSass said...

Well HAPPY BIRTHDAY to YOU! and to nemo. That ROCKS.
Yeah, um I want to be facebook friends too...I'm going "ask" you

Never "Society" Norm said...

Josh gained love points with that one!=) Sounds like you had a fabulous birthday. I am so happy you enjoyed yourself and got "spoiled" by your hubby.

javamamma said...

I won't call you spoiled - just favored of the Lord....and of your husband! Enjoy Nemo!

Jackie said...

Sweet! And an orange one - I love that. I have a thing for bright colors too. Happy Belated Bday!