*no one but my sister, Megan, would understand the title to this post. Sadly, she never reads my blog. But I'm titling it that anyway because it cracks me up.*
I'm home this week.
And shhh, don't tell anyone...but it feels GLORIOUS!
My mom and the kids aren't here. Well, mine are but the other three are not.
So, it's pretty quiet around here. Besides the neighbors blaring music in Spanish that is.
While I'm lonely without my husband around, I'm truly enjoying being home. It's nice to cook meals on solid ground. It's nice to eat at the table. I loved checking my mail today even though nothing exciting was in there. I hung out at my house. I brushed my teeth. *gasp* I showered. I drove a car.
Things that are taken so for granted normally. I think checking the mail and driving are the biggest things I miss. I love to drive. I love to check the mail. And anymore, I only drive a couple of days a week and when I get home on Fridays, my mail is piled up on the counter waiting for me. (Last week a jumping spider was in the mix.) (I 'bout peed my pants over it.)
(I don't like spiders!!!)
At the beginning of last week I had started a post from my phone. A gut wrenching honest post about how I feel about this truck life we're living.
I'd spent close to an hour on the blasted thing (it takes awhile when you're posting with your thumbs) and then wham! Something happened and it was gone.
I almost swore.
Which I don't do often (except recently in Scrabble games) (I blame Emily.)
So, here's the honest truth.
I hate trucking.
WHEW! That felt amazing! Huge weight lifted off me.
But you wanna know what else?
I love it.
No, seriously. I do. I have a love/hate relationship with many things. And trucking is added to that list.
I love McDonald's french fries but hate the fact that the last 4 years of eating them are sitting on each thigh...and quite possibly each butt cheek. (nice mental picture, eh?)
I love Starbucks but hate that it drains my children's college fund.
I love Emily but hate that she kicks my butt at Scrabble, constantly.
So, I can love and hate my truck life.
We have good weeks and we have bad weeks. A couple of weeks ago I was ready to call it quits. Ready to be D-O-N-E.
I'd had it. We'd left on a Sunday and didn't get home until Saturday. Loooong week. Yes, I'd gotten showers in that week. You know, like one. Possibly two.
The thing I hate most about being in the truck would have to be trying to cook or get food ready while driving. I hate standing in the truck while it's moving. Makes me mad because many times I've tripped and I don't like that.
The thing I love most about being in the truck would have to be the time spent together. The sights we see. The places we stop, however brief, just to get out, stretch our legs and of course snap some pictures.
My husband is absolutely loving life. I haven't seen him this happy since...well, since the day before he quit trucking last time. It's what he was made to do.
And seeing him happy like this is worth every bit of the inconveniences I'm facing.
8 comments:
You are certainly living out what being a "helpmeet" and a "submissive" wife is meant to look like. You are giving of yourself to make your family work and I think it's beautiful!
Keep up the good work (and enjoy your time at home!)
As always, I love your honesty. I think you're doing a fabulous job with this whole trucking thing.
And what is it with jumping spiders anyway? I've probably killed a dozen of them in my house this spring. Why do they jump at you instead of away from you? Stupid things.
God is going to continue blessing your family because of the sacrifices you are making. Even if it means being stinky! LOL
You are being SUCH a good wife. Just know that it's temporary and he's feeling like you're a queen!
Life is what you make of it...in a truck...in a house...where ever you happen to be...
I think you guys are doing well with the choices that you have made!
Road warrior...roll on... ;)
You mentioned Emily more than once.. shes going to love that.
I love your honesty.. and I'm glad I don't win much as scrabble....so you love playing with me... ha ha
You are so blessing Josh! Enjoy your week away.. I mean home.. what do I mean ????? ;)
That was a very thought provoking post, Sarah. When I really think about it, I think even living life in my home can have that same "love/hate" relationship too. Hmmmm! Thanks for giving me something to think about (as if I didn't have enough already! lol)
What a nice post. I'm sure that felt wonderful to get off your chest!! Good with you for being honest about how you feel- I'm sure that would be a tough living situation!
Post a Comment