Sunday, December 30, 2012

Taking down Christmas and getting back in the groove of real life.

The Christmas tree is unornamented.  Deornamented?  Um.  You get my point.  There aren't ornaments on my birch branches.

I've kept the branches in the living room, though.

All decorations are down in the basement, neatly organized and ready to come out next December 1st.

If not for the 17 trillion Legos in my living room you'd have no idea we just had Christmas.

It's always fun while it lasts but I'm more than ready for it to be gone on December 26th.

Our Christmas morning was quiet and sweet, the rest of the day too.  We watched movies, read books, played with Legos and ate too much.

The rest of the week was spent with family and friends and while I'll miss that too, I'm looking forward to getting back to our routine tomorrow of school and housework.

I'm also looking forward to getting back to the gym.

Today in fact.  My favorite yoga instructor (who had the nerve to move away) is in town and will be in class today.  I cannot wait to see him!

I plan to sit down tonight and write out some goals for 2013.  I want to not be afraid to fail.  I want to have something to strive for.

Is Christmas still around at your place?  Are you setting goals for 2013?  


3 comments:

Sam said...

I think this year I will set goals. I usually don't, but right now I think it's a good idea. I could use some goals! Good luck! And happy new year! :-)

Sarah said...

Christmas is coming down tomorrow as I have been in Oregon for the last 10 days. Otherwise I'm with you...down on the 26th.
As for a goal? Not so much a goal, but a decision made. I am going to start living right where I am. Here in Nashville, building a new life. All year I have been in the mindset of moving back home. Oregon/Idaho. Being home over Christmas I felt the gentle nudge that is not where I belong anymore.
It's hard changing so much. But I am now to the point of looking forward to what my life will be here.

Wishing you all the best for the New Year! Cheers!

Kristie said...

Christmas is still mostly here. The Advent wreath has been stored away but everything else remains.

Goals are sorta floating around in my head right now. Hopeful for some clarity on some things I've been thinging and praying over for some time now...