Any of you amazing readers out there cloth diaper your child/ren?
It's something I considered with my first but had quite a few negative reactions to it, so I didn't do it.
Now, realizing we've spent about $1400 in diapers for Jaylee, I'm thinking it's something I should look into more seriously. Negative opinions aside...
If you did do it or are doing it, any frugal advice about cloth diapers for me?
7 comments:
I have some advice, you could put them in the dishwasher since you don't use it for dishes anymore. Just a thought.
love you
okay I did the research on this once...obviously a few years ago...it worked out to be about the same because...
1. initial investment in cloth diapers is expensive
2. you have to wash and dry them...additional utility bills
3. if you don't want them to leak you have to buy all those "platic pants"...more expense
but maybe someone has checked it out more recently...
best buys on diapers are at Costco...Kirkland diapers and wipes...work GREAT!
Cloth diapering advice:
DON'T BE RIDICULOUS
Uh huh, those would be my words of wisdom for you. You're welcome.
If I was doing it over again, I would seriously consider cloth. I think the key is to get some high quality ones. Monkey Toe Diapers is one place to start, or I think there are some called Baby Genius? Something like that. They've come a long way since the pre-folds with plastic pants.
amber said it all as far as I'm concerned, way to go daughter-in-law!!
Yeah, but it's people like you (Amber, Mother) that discouraged me in the first place. If you guys want to go in on buying diapers for me for the next 2.5 years, you are more than welcome. Otherwise, if you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.
So there.
Don't yell at me/us!
Post a Comment