Thursday, January 17, 2008

Pulling out the Pregnant Card

Even though I'm Whiner of America and really good at getting my husband to do things for me that I could so do by myself, while I'm pregnant I don't believe in doing that.

I don't say, "I can't do that, I'm pregnant." Not that I don't want to sometimes, I just don't do it.

I don't say, "I'm sick of peeing every 15 minutes, can you go for me this time?" Not that I don't want to sometimes, I just don't do it.

I also don't say, "I can't change the litter box, I'm pregnant, you're going to hafta do it." I probably don't say this because we don't have a cat.

Anyway, I try really hard not to be a baby while carrying a baby. Josh commented on it the other night, so I was glad he noticed.

However, after the dumb thing I did today, I'm so pulling the Pregnant Card.

Our church has a Mom's Group thing that meets a couple of times a month. I've never been. I make the excuse that we live about 40 miles from church and it's so hard for me to go, blah blah blah...when, in reality it's because I'm skerd. I love these girls. I take care of some of their kids when Josh and I serve in the nursery but I still get nervous about the small group setting, where I may be asked questions about how often I read (or in my case, don't read )the Bible. I'm skerd they won't like me. I have a tendency to show my true colors too soon after meeting people (and I wonder why I only have Amber for a friend...)

Anyway...

I decided on Sunday, after I got the little postcard handed to me, that I would go this week. I'd make a trip of it. Go to Bible study, go grocery shopping, take Jaylee to lunch, possibly stop in at my mom's work and say hello, etc. Today, I'm all pumped. I get up. Get dressed. And I remember, "if you feed them, they will like you." so I proceed to whip up some Rice Krispie treats.

I drive the 40 miles to church. Walk in with Bible, purse, kid and treats in hand. Pastor Tom was sitting at his desk, singin' away, sees us and greets us. I ask if the ladies are meeting downstairs.

"Uh, Sarah, that was yesterday."

I, feeling a bit sheepish, say, "okay, here's some treats, see ya Sunday!"

He didn't let me leave. Talked to me for a bit, says he'll only take the treats because there's a home fellowship meeting that night and it'd be great to have the treats, blah blah blah. I know he's thinking, "you're a moron, can't believe you came on the wrong day, especially when my wife gave you a postcard that clearly states the women meet on Wednesdays not Thursdays."

But he didn't make me feel like a moron, he was nice, pastors are s'posed to be dontchaknow?

Yep, this is me, pulling the Pregnant Card. Can't help my retardness, this baby is sucking my brains out.

3 comments:

Kristie said...

LOL thanks for sharing I'm always so paranoid that I will show up on the wrong day for something...

Kailin said...

So funny, I never played the pregnant card either...except for the "will you pee for me" one...I actually have said that!

I did something similar today, but there isn't a baby sucking my brains out...so don't feel to bad!

Cindy-Still His Girl said...

I'm impressed you went! Hope you try it again. :) Use that pregnant card, girl; you won't get to forever!! :)