Thursday, October 23, 2008

I think I'll keep her 'round.

My recent favorite sayings from my favorite three year old.

While at a wedding last weekend, she's sitting on Josh's lap, I have the baby...

"Mommy, can Daddy hold Ali, so I can hold you?"

While in the kitchen, coloring at the table...

"Excuse me, sir, Alison is crying."

It's naptime, I tell her to go potty...

"But I just went yesterday."

Today, she was sitting in her little chair and she asked me to sit on her lap. I sat at her feet instead; laid my head in her lap and she just ran her little grubby fingers over my face and in my hair. Then she tells me, "Mommy, I love you, too."

Oh, sweet girl, how did you know I was thinking it?

7 comments:

Unknown said...

I love, love, love those sweet things our kids will say. I feel like I'm getting to peek inside their hearts.

Always Faith said...

What adorable quotes...my three year old says a lot of cute/funny/sweet things but I have a terrible time with writing them down before I forget.

By the way, I just found your blog today when looking for seven random blogs to tag for the seven things meme and I picked yours because I LOVE your header and blog title...and the writing, too. *GRIN* If you're interested in playing its here: http://alwaysfaith.blogspot.com/2008/10/life-is-funny.html

Have a great day!

Patzke's said...

Gotta love what they say. Now you need to make sure you get in the scrapbook so you don't forget it. Take a random shot of her and put the quotes in with it.

Erica Lynn said...

Precious and sweet!

The W.O.W. factor! said...

How sweet! (better document that for when she hits 12-13, you can pull it out and remind her of her sweetness!)

Breanna said...

Love it. Especially the "sir". We USED to require the kids to say "Yes, Sir" & "Yes, Ma'am" but gave that up when they couldn't keep straight who was a ma'am and who was sir. Now it's just "Yes, Mom", Yes, Dad"....we hope they can figure that out!!

Corie said...

Awww...
So sweet.

Love the potty thought! :)
Hey, maybe she is trying to save on toilet paper for you?!?!?