Have you ever woken up on March 28th and wondered where you've been for the last two months?
Oh, just me, huh?
I woke up at 2 am. I couldn't go back to sleep. The anxiety set in and quickly I was so hot I could barely stand to have the covers on me.
I laid there.
Thinking about my life over the last couple of months or so. How consumed with me I have been. Sugar's schooling has been meh. We do it a couple times a week or so. She's doing great. I'm just not doing great as her teacher. My house isn't a disaster nor is it as clean as it should be. Menu planning has gone out the window which leaves us to either eat out or have corn tortillas and refried beans night after night. My husband has gotten used to making his own breakfast every morning, something I really feel I should do for him.
I feel like I've been a bad friend. Daughter. Sister.
My header reads, This Beautiful Mess. that is my faith, my wifeliness, my mothering and my relationships.
My faith.
I have faith.
You just wouldn't know it by the way I live my life sometimes. I feel like I should be on a billboard for the picture of a Christian Failure.
When am I gonna get this stuff right?
When will I be the wife, mama, teacher, sister, daughter, friend I'm supposed to be? I feel like I go through this a lot. This not measuring up stuff. I can see why people give up.
I can.
The sun is shining. The grass is greening. Birds are chirping in the mornings now. I feel like I should have hope instead of this heavy fog feeling around me.
Maybe tomorrow.
3 comments:
Sarah, guess what? As I read this post, I continuously nodded my head, because I felt like you were describing me to a T!
You will finally get it right when the process of sanctification is done. That is to say, when life on earth is over, that's when sanctification is done.
Keep trying. Every day is a brand new day without mistakes, to risk sounding cliche'-ish!
But just so you know.....
IT ISN'T JUST YOU. YOU ARE NOT ALONE!
one word sweet sister...GRACE! don't be so hard on yourself. we all struggle with not feeling like we are measuring up but that's how His sweet grace fits in so beautifully!
We're all like this. No one feels like they're doing it all well, or even well enough. I think.
The only difference is not all of us are that seriously HARD ON OURSELVES!!!
hang in there, girl.
Post a Comment