Thursday, March 10, 2011

Starbucks drive-thru play by play

I'm sitting in Starbucks.

Earbuds in.  Pandora playing.  Lady Antebellum if you're curious.

Venti iced hazelnut breve at my side.  (it was free so why not get the big guy, right?)

I am, of course, sitting by the window so I can stare at everyone who goes through the drive-thru.

People watch.  It's what I do.

A short haired blonde woman with two blonde haired children just left the drive-thru driving a Honda Odyssey.  She probably grabbed herself a cup of coffee to get through the evening madness.

At least that's what I do on occasion.

I can handle morning time fairly well, evenings can be a whole other story.  Everyone is tired and cranky and ready for the day to be over.  Yet there are still so many hours left of the day and they include dinner prep and baths and being social with one another when really, we've already used up all our words for the day about two hours ago.

Or, maybe she was grabbing a cup of coffee before they head out on a road trip.  That's always my fave.  I love me a good road trip.  And a coffee in hand makes it that much more delightful.

Anyway, I'm at Starbucks all by my lonesome.  It's a treat.

I just picked up my number and chip for Saturday's race.  I'm number 71.  There are over 600 people registered online.  I'm trying not to freak out.  It's not working very well at all.  I asked if they had a course map.  Nope.  Okay, well since I'll be in back I'll just follow everyone else.

We now have a little red beat up Honda Civic in the drive-thru.  And I totally didn't expect the driver to be a woman in her mid 40's.  But it was.

Pandora is now playing some Kenny Chesney.

Drive thru just sported another Honda Odyssey.  Three Hondas since I started this post.

The wind is crazy today.  I posted on Twitter that I was thankful I'm chubby otherwise the wind mighta knocked me over.

Being chubby has its perks I s'pose.

You also don't have to iron since you just fill out all the wrinkles in your clothes!

2 pts for chubbies!

Can you tell I'm absolutely bored and don't know what to do with myself?  So I just ramble.

Oh man, now it's Jerrod Niemann's Lover Lover on Pandora!  Life is good.  And I'm totally rocking out in Starbucks.  I look like I'm crazy.

We now have a blue Pontiac in the drive-thru.  Can't see the driver yet but I'm going to guess male.

I was so wrong.

18ish year old perky blonde girl.

While I was on the treadmill today Spice decided to mess with my laptop.  The little turd somehow disabled my touchpad.  I had no clue how to fix 'er.  So, all day I was having to use a mouse which I'm now out of the habit of using.

Finally got the brains to Google "enable touchpad" and BAM! She's all fixed now.  I was pretty proud of myself.

We now have a Dodge Durango in the drive-thru.  Guessing it's a guy...

And we have Gary Allan on Pandora.

Are you loving the play by play or totally bored like I am?

I honestly can't tell you if the driver was a man or woman.  I hope people don't ever think that about me.

Okay, I'm through rambling.  You don't need to thank me.

No comments: