Tuesday, March 01, 2011

an update on the whole race and weight loss endeavor and a bunch of parenthesis

owie.

oh.

owie.

Amber someone had a brilliant idea to do a different class than our normal yoga. So we went last night.  (she's been before) and I got my butt kicked.

I'd say I got my ass kicked but that might offend some.  So I'll just say I got my butt kicked.

It's called Body Flow.  Sounds easy enough, right?

WRONG.

Oh.my.word.

By the end of class I was a sweaty, nauseated mess.  My abs hurt, my arms hurt, my legs hurt and if I still had my appendix it would probably have hurt, too.

I left class trying to come up with other exercises that could work all those other muscles that would be a little more enjoyable and less killer.  I thought of one and well, this blog is mostly rated PG. 

And we should keep it that way.

(I know, what's happened to me.  I swear and elude to *ahem* references in a blog post, you'd think I was drinking something stronger than Folgers.)

(kinda wish I were, even if it is 8:07 am)

My race is next Saturday.  Not this Saturday.  The next one.  The 12th.

The day my favorite 11 year old niece turns 12.

(Happy Birthday, S.  I'll give you my last place trophy!)  (I'll do anything for my nieces.)

Anywho, back to the race.  It's coming up.  I want to vomit just thinking about it.  Josh keeps telling me it's only 3 miles.  I'm totally aware, dude.  But the last time I ran three consecutive miles I was 17, 105 lbs and only lugged around a B cup.  (sorry male readers).  I'm 30, 142 lbs (eeeeek) and a newly reduced C cup.  I gots me a whole lot more to carry now.

These three miles.

They might be the end of me.

I'm not going to post my race goal just yet.  Next week at this time, I will. 

The weight loss has been slow and steady.  I like it.  I started out nearly 5 weeks ago weighing 153.  (seriously, I'm posting this for the world, what is in this coffee??) I'm down 11 lbs as of Friday.  11 lbs results in 1 cup size, 1 pant size and a little less in the love handle department.

I have 17 lbs to go for my goal weight of 125.  At this point I'm not going to say I'd like to be pre-pregnancy weight.  I don't know if it's possible and I think 125 will be great.

And I shall now end this really rambly post.  Apparently I talk a lot when I've been up since 4:45 and have a cup of Folgers in me.

3 comments:

Duckygirl said...

Go Sarah Go!! 11lbs is awesome :)

Reading about your running has me inspired, I even went outside and tried running for a few minutes yesterday. It felt great, until I realized it was still WAY too cold and my lungs were burning. :P
(I'm just a wee bit envious of your treadmill...)
~Laura

denise said...

Can we watch your race?

HolyMama! said...

YAY! You're doing great!!! i do a class exactly like BFlow... it takes about 3-5 classes to feel like you're okay in there. does wonders for flexibility, though!

i loved the title. because i heart ()s.