Tuesday, March 29, 2011

That's Better

It's amazing how writing stuff out, working out, having a beer, getting an email from a blog reader and another from a friend can make ya feel a whole lot better.

It's cloudy today but my mood is not.

I was just replying to the blog reader friend who emailed me about yesterday's post.  I blogged yesterday before I had even completely woken up.  How could I know it wasn't going to be that bad of a day?!

My days of feeling like I did yesterday used to be an everyday occurrence.  I'm thankful that now it's maybe once a week or once every other week.  I really believe that working out is helping TONS.  I feel better about myself, my mood is better after I've been to the gym and my stomach usually hurts more from laughter with Amber than from the ab workout.  I wish I could share the stuff she says, but most of it is completely inappropriate.  (Hi, Amber! Totally ratted you out!)  And it's only inappropriate because the moves we do sometimes are inappropriate and she comments on the moves and it makes me laugh so stinkin' hard.

Josh left me a note this morning.  Telling me I'm doing a good job with the girls and with our home.  Definitely much needed.  A stay at home mom or dad's work is often a thankless job.

I think part of my funk yesterday also had to do with - don't laugh - I wore comfy pants all day.  It makes me feel sloppy and lazy and I hate that.  When I put jeans on (my favorite thing in the world) all is right in my life.  I chose to be a slob and my mood was completely affected.  I put on my favorite pair of jeans immediately after my shower this morning.  When you feel good about your butt, it makes the rest of ya feel good too. ☺

So.  Just wanted to let you all know, I'm better.  Much better.  Ask me again in a coupla weeks, it could be a different story.  But today is good.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm glad you feel better!!
I was in the middle of posting you on your other post but got interupted at work so it didn't go through... :(

Keely said...

I hear ya on the comfy clothes thing, if I don't shower and get dressed it can make me feel lazy and blah...so uh, maybe I should go shower and get dressed...

Charissa said...

Don't forget flip-flops. Course in my day they were called thongs-- ooohhh!

HolyMama! said...

oh good. and you're right - the power of denim is not to be underestimated.

Sam said...

Oh my gosh, I know just what you mean about the pants!! Seriously! I often think that it sounds so cozy and comfortable to spend the day in yoga pants, but by the time mid-morning rolls around I find I'm totally depressed and feel like I'm still wearing pajamas. So I change into jeans or pants and immediately feel better. (Putting on some mascara always helps too.)

So glad you're feeling better!