I've been alone for 31(ish) hours.
In that time I helped a friend paint (hi, Betty!) and then she bought me Starbucks and dinner. I will paint for her anytime! And then I lingered at her house because I'm not so good at going home to an empty house. (uh, sorry if I overstayed my welcome!)
This morning I woke up at 7:02 and when I saw the time I closed my eyes and woke up at 8:04. I pulled on tank top, some shorts and headed to Safeway (where I get my Starbucks) and I ordered my coffee, sat outside the store and read a book for two hours. Uh huh. Two hours outside the store. Whoops.
I came home (to a locked house and had to climb through a window) and cleaned out my refrigerator. *shudder* Did dishes. Cleaned the living room, vacuumed and then mowed the pasture. I started sprinklers. Took a shower. Put on my make up and decided to go for a bike ride.
I rode to Chelsea's. BS'd with her for close to two hours and then got back on my bike and headed home. The last two miles of my ride I thought I was going to have to call Chelsea and have her pick me up, I was totally dragging. Realized I hadn't eaten anything all day (duh!) and had hit a wall. I made it home. Grabbed a glass from the freezer, put a couple Tbsp of OJ in it and then filled it with Blue Moon.
That was my dinner.
Then I went to Safeway (yes, again) got an iced green tea and sat and read for another hour.
That was my dessert.
I came home, gave my dog a coupla tranquilizers - he doesn't like the fireworks. Took a bath with Pandora playing in the background and then I put myself to bed at 8:30.
With the fireworks going off I can't sleep even though I'm absolutely exhausted from doing nothing for the last 30 hours.
At least I get to sleep in again tomorrow.
The loneliness has not been bad at all. I definitely miss my family but for once I've just let myself enjoy the alone time without guilt. I think I'm growing up.
Happy Fourth of July!
2 comments:
it sounds so nice... all the solitude... but girl! EAT! : )
What book?
Post a Comment