Tuesday, July 05, 2011

Mission Accomplished

6 months.

Countless hours at the gym.

Countless trips to Starbucks and McDonald's.

About 400 miles on my bike.

And I have reached the goal weight I set back at the end of January.

I went from 153 down to 125.  From a size 12 to a size 6.

28 lbs. lost.

I'm happy.

Going to the yoga classes has definitely been the best thing for me.  The flexibility and strength I've gained is amazing to me.  When I first started and we were told to 'Crocodile' which is basically holding yourself in a lowered push-up position I couldn't even lower myself down to the ground.  Now, not only can I lower myself but I can hold myself there - hovering an inch or so above the ground.

I could barely touch my toes - okay, I could barely touch my belly button before I started yoga.  Now, I can bend down and reach my hands underneath my feet.  Seriously.  (I know, a lot of people can already do this, but for someone as inflexible as I was, it's a huge achievement)

My arms are conditioned and strong.  I'm no longer embarrassed to wear shorts; I have ankles!  Who knew?  In fact, for the first time in several years I purchased two pairs.  And I've been wearing them.  I don't have a six pack by any means but when I flex my stomach muscles I can feel 'em easily and it's great.

I can go out and run a few miles or bike 35 and not feel like I'm going to die when I get home.  6 months ago I got winded walking to the refrigerator. ☺ No, seriously.

Six months ago I was embarrassed to go out in public. Now, I'm comfortable with me.  I could definitely lose more weight.  I'm still 10 lbs heavier than I was when I got pregnant with Sugar almost seven years ago.  So, if I get there, I get there.  I'm not going to change anything that I've been doing since January, except to ride my bike more.  My thighs thank me.

And I want to thank:

Josh.  Without his encouragement and the hours watching the girls so I could go to the gym or go running or head out on my bike for 3 hours, I wouldn't be at this point.  Also, he loved me as much at 153 as he does at 125, I'm thankful he's just been there through the darkest times of my life.

Amber.  For convincing me to go to yoga at 6 a.m. which, after we became masters of yoga turned into Body Flow at 7 p.m.  Thank you for the hilariousness and inappropriateness.  We are a good time.  More people should be like us. ☺

Friends.  For texts and emails of encouragement.  Seriously helped me keep on, keepin' on.

YOU! My rockin' blog readers.  For emails, comments left on posts.  You've made me laugh and cry and inspired me to keep trying.

Jessica.  For inspiring me to start running again in the first place. For the texts of encouragement.  For running with me at the 5K and carrying me along the whole way.  (and for the shorts I've yet to return....)  Also, after I finished my 12K she left a comment on my Facebook wall that said, "You're a runner."  That made me so freakin' happy I cried.

It's been six months of hard work.  Dedication and determination I didn't know I had.  Thankful to God for a strong, healthy body and the ability to just get outta bed in the morning.

I'm kinda lovin' life right now.

7 comments:

Sam said...

I am so inspired by this!

Now, can we see before and after photos?!

Oh, and congratulations. You deserve to be incredibly proud! :-)

Sarah said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!! I'm so happy for you! So, so happy for you! You're amazing!

Unknown said...

You are rockin an amazing body and a beautiful heart. Keep living!

HolyMama! said...

congratulations!!! so happy for you!

Erica Lynn said...

Way to go Sarah Diane! I knew you could do it. I'm so proud of you!

Bethany said...

Congratulations!! I am so proud of you!!!!

the cubicle's backporch said...

I am so impressed!!

I've been hating my body for a while and MrC and I finally started going to the gym consistently. I was starting to feel better, and stronger, and was up to running 2.5 miles easily (I've always been a sprinter, not a distance runner, so this was huge!) then we took a week off to clean the house for our housewarming party, then MrC was in a four-wheeler wreck, and all these things that made going to the gym just not feasible.

Now, we're FINALLY back to a point when we can start going again and I am SO. READY. Maybe in 6 months I'll be able to write a post like this too!!