Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Tuesday seems like a good day for a random list

Why do the clothing items with the least amount of material cost the most?

Nothing of the last six months of my life has been easy.  I have been out of my comfort zone physically and emotionally.  I am a stronger person for it.

Things I've observed on the pathway I bike on: Couples never say hi.  A woman alone will almost always ignore me.  While a man alone will always smile and say hi.  I've come to the conclusion women are rude and men are friendly.  Me?  I smile and say hi to everyone.  Always.

My mother-in-law currently has all her grandchildren (except the newborn) at her house.  They slept there last night.  She's nuts.  But with the last name, it's kind of a given.

I have a secret.  (oh but don't we all)

I had two of my favorite people over on Friday night and it's so nice to just be me and know they love me.  I can be obnoxious and moody and loud and they love me just the same.

A friend emailed me that she had a dream her and I were strippers.  It's nice to know I have a friend who dreams of me being naked.

I ran three miles with my aunt and uncle yesterday, then later in the day I rode 35 miles to the gym and back.  I don't recognize myself.  Physically.  Emotionally.

I'm shocked how strong and weak I can feel at the same time.

Today is a really great hair day.  Which means I will not see anyone I know.

At yoga last night we learned some new moves.  I felt a little like I was making my own p*rn movie at times. ☺ Okay, not really.  (but yeah, kinda)

Saturday is the 12th anniversary of my dad's drowning.  I can so do this.

I ran into a friend from High School last week and instead of ducking or running from the situation (like I normally do) I talked to him and it was good.  It's been several years since we've chatted and I loved that it was just easy and as if no time had passed. This time I didn't break out into a sweat talking to him. ☺

I'm spending an entire weekend with friends!

The secret I have?  I'll share it tomorrow.  (it's not what you're thinking)

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I love your random lists.

I also love at how much you've accomplished...physically & emotionally...in the last six months. You are the bomb.com!

Unknown said...

Wow, 35 miles in one day!!! You are rockin'!! I"m totally envious, not b/c you rode the 35 miles but b/c you have kicked butt by setting out by setting a goal to lose weight & look what you have accomplished!!! I'm soooooo very proud of you!!!
I know you have got to be so proud of what you've accomplished! Please do a model shoot so we can see some before & after photos! Come on, I know you can do it & you will!!! ;) ;)

Anonymous said...

(((hugs))) for the anniversary of your dad's passing... I had a dysfunctional childhood and I am totally shocked my dad is still around, but he is and I am thankful. He has come full circle and is now the dad I always needed growing up.

denise said...

Praying for you on Saturday.

the cubicle's backporch said...

35 miles in one day?! You are fabulous.

Also, I say hi to everyone I pass when I'm running. I also wave at cars. Girls are dumb when it comes to waving.

I came over from Peroxide Designs and figured anyone who reads her blog is worth reading! hee hee.