Monday, October 03, 2011

34 of a million reasons to love him


  1. I love that it's going to be so easy to come up with 34 things I love about you.  You, Darling, are quite lovable.
  2. I love your ability to work on stuff.  To fix stuff.  You have saved us thousands upon thousands of dollars being capable.  Love that about you.
  3. I love your black tooth.  Yes, I do.  I don't even notice it anymore until someone brings it up but I'm sure I'd notice if it were fixed.
  4. I love that you feel the freedom to wear jeans and a t-shirt to church on Sunday mornings now.
  5. I love your Wrangler butt.
  6. I love that we picked up some random hitchhiker who's VW bug broke down on the freeway near Tri-Cities and you got a truck and trailer and we drove her home to Seattle.  I love that you didn't think twice about helping her, you just did it.  Just one of several times you've helped someone on the side of the road.
  7. Even though it often drives me crazy, I love the relationship you have with my mom.  I love that when she comes over the two of you talk non-stop about anything and everything.
  8. I love that even though you were nervous to meet my bloggy friend, Emily, you agreed to meet the H family in Seattle that day, the beginning of awesome times.
  9. I love that if someone needs something fixed, moved, driven, welded, wired, mowed, whatever - that they call you.  Because you'll do it and do it well.
  10. I love that you sing with the girls.
  11. I love that even though I bit you during delivery with Sugar, you still agreed to have another baby with me.  (I'm sorry for biting you during that delivery as well.)
  12. I love your hands.
  13. And your abs.
  14. And oh, your back.  Oh those back muscles.  
  15. I love to hear you laugh really hard.  It's rare that you just let loose but when you do, it's hilarious.
  16. I love that even though it's not your favorite place to serve, that you get on the floor in the nursery at church and let those babies crawl and drool all over you.
  17. I love that the last two times the kitchen floor has needed to be mopped - you've done it.
  18. I love that you've taught me how to paint, drywall, texture, demolish.
  19. I love that you work on Amber's car.
  20. I love that you're always ready for a phone call from the police station when I leave with her.  And that you're fine with it.
  21. I love watching you with our girls. I love that you are firm yet loving with them.  I love that you are patient with them and always take the time to answer each and every question and show them how to do anything they ask of you.  You, Joshua, are such an amazing daddy.
  22. I love that your niece - who was 13 or 14 at the time - trusted you enough to cut her hair.  And that you did it.
  23. I love the way you described how you felt about your brother that one night we were talking about the two of you growing up.  "If I ever had to go out for any sort of battle, he's the one I'd want right beside me."  Pretty sure only a guy could understand the depth of that but the choked up way you said it, let me know how much he means to you.
  24. I love that you always point out the things in the house that I've taken care of, whether mowing the lawn, doing the dishes, FAPA'ing laundry - you always notice and thank me for what I've done.
  25. I love that you are never without a job offer in this town.  If you were to lose your job today you'd have a place to go to work tomorrow.  Your reputation in this town is amazing.
  26. I love watching you read your bible.
  27. I love that you never want our girls to move out and want to buy the house behind us so they can move there when they do have to leave.
  28. I love that you are always up for anything at any time.  I love that you take our huge tv and our huge speakers and put them on the deck so we can watch a movie by our woodstove while sitting on a Chevy bench seat.
  29. I love that you'll watch a chick flick with me and enjoy it as much as I do.  
  30. I love that you encourage me and take care of me. I love that you know what I need even before I do.
  31. I love that you never, ever put yourself first.  You are always making yourself aware of what others need and you always put them before yourself.  Whether you know them or not.  I have never in my life met anyone more selfless than you.  Ever.
  32. I love that you brush my hair.
  33. I love that you married me.  I love that you've stayed married to me.  I love that you've seen me through the darkest, ickiest, worst of times and have loved me through 'em.  You have been Jesus to me for the last 13 years.  Thank you.  A million times, thank you.
  34. I love that on that Saturday a few weeks ago while I was riding with Doc and Rick that Doc couldn't sing your praise enough.  "There's no one kinder down deep in his heart than Joshua."  and "There's no one I trust more than Joshua." and this last Saturday when Doc and I were riding out front, talking about homeschooling and how you are my biggest support, he says, "Joshua's a whole lot smarter than anyone gives him credit for.  He may not have gone to college but he's using his talents."  Seriously, Honey.  The man you respect and hold in such high regard, feels the exact same about you.
The list could go on and on.  It really could.  But I need to make dinner before you get home from work in an hour.

Happy 34th Birthday to the man I never want to live without.  You rock my world.

4 comments:

Sam said...

So sweet. Y'all are lucky to have each other.

Hope he had a wonderful birthday!

Duckygirl said...

What a wonderful tribute to your guy!

HolyMama! said...

well done!

happy birthday to him! (you are so loving, sarah, and it's easy to see why!)

denise said...

You DO have an amazing husband. I love you both.