I'm posting for the second time in less than an hour in hopes you will not see the post below. I'm so tricky...
It's 8:30 am. My children are still in bed! The same one even as they've been doing often lately. This late morning is fabulous and not typical. Sugar is usually bounding down the stairs around 6:30, sometimes before. With Spice following around 7. I thanked the Lord for this miracle.
My MRI is at 10:15. I have to be at the hospital at 9:45 with no metals of any kind. Took me hours to take out all my piercings.
I'm kidding.
The doctor from the clinic I went to in Oregon called this morning to confirm what Doc said to me on Monday. He hadn't wanted to say for sure at the time but called after the radiologist had looked 'em over. It was nice of him to call and follow up. Even though I was a little delirious going in there on Saturday, I do remember him being very kind.
A few people think I'm ridiculous for not taking my Vicodin prescription in to be filled. I just don't do that. After the surgery to take out part of my colon, I came home, took one or two doses of the Percocet for pain and decided not to take any more. My thinking, if I can birth a coupla kiddos without drugs, I should be able to handle a little pain. Some of you are shaking your heads at me, and that's okay. I know some of you are right there with me, though.
Also, the ankle just doesn't hurt that bad. Every once in awhile there will be sharp pain or a dull ache but for the most part, as long as I'm not up walking, I'm pain free.
My husband has been a rockstar. Going into work early, getting off work in time to get Sugar to soccer practice, coming home to make dinner, do dishes, help me get in and out of the bath, putting the girls to bed. He is incredible. But we aren't surprised by this are we?
Such a random side note but as I wrote out 'surprised' I was reminded that my dad, who was normally a decent speller, always spelled it, 'surprized.' Okay, told you that was random.
My mom came down with the flu and can't watch the girls like she'd planned. So I suppose I should actually wake them up, feed them and get them dressed so they can go to my appointment with me.
Happy Wednesday!
2 comments:
I hope you didn't feel judged by my facebook comment exclaiming over you turning down the vicodin. I was totally kidding. You take care of yourself in the way that feels right to you.
So glad you have such amazing support. And I have a feeling that if the situation were reversed, you'd be doing it all for them. Friendship is kinda nice that way.
Hang in there!
Oh, man. I know I keep saying this, but I'm so sorry about your ankle. I know it must be driving you crazy to not be able to do as much stuff for yourself. You're a pretty independent girl. :) I'm praying for your healing - whatever it takes to get there!
Post a Comment