Tuesday, October 11, 2011

The Ankle Saga Continues

It's broken.

My ankle is broken.

What I thought was just a foolish trip into Urgent Care turns out was not so foolish after all.  It was good Josh and Treena forced me to go we went in, good that we had x-rays done.

I went into Doc's office yesterday figuring he'd tell me to stay off it for awhile, that I'd hurt it pretty good but it'd be fine in no time.  Instead he told me I did something rather extensive to it.  From your ankle bone down about an inch is a cord.  When you roll your ankle badly, sometimes this can break.  Mine was strong enough that it didn't break.  Instead, I pulled bone off bone.  I have a piece of bone just floating around in there, I guess.

This is a picture of what it looked like at the doctor's office yesterday:

Attractive, no?

I have an MRI schedule for tomorrow morning to see the extent of the damage and what kind of surgery I might need.  He told me I'd need a screw and a washer.  I said, "fantastic, then Josh can do it since we have those items at home."  He laughed.

I didn't.

We were out of everything as far as groceries.  My kids ate rice cakes for lunch even.  Josh wanted me to make a grocery list and said he'd shop for me.  So I'm cutting coupons and asked if he'd actually use them.  He said he would.  As I'm making the list I'm telling him where in the store each item is, the shelf it's on, etc.  Then I said that I'd just go.  And ride in one of those scooters.


Yes, those are bags under my eyes.
I don't sleep anymore. It's fab.

We got home.  I iced it for awhile.  My husband read and sang to the girls, he put groceries away.  Brought me chocolate.  Cut his own hair.  Started a bath for me and consoled me when I burst into tears while sitting in there. Put a pillow under my foot in bed.  And told me he loved me.  I don't deserve him.  Not one bit.

Not even a little.

Currently what she looks like.
{sigh}
My mom came today, with a coffee.  Took me to the medical supply place where they fitted me for a boot.  It's sexy.  She also took my girls home with her.  I have a day to myself.  And I don't have to feel bad at all for sitting and doing nothing.  I'm one thankful girl right now.  Not sure what I'd do if she weren't here.  You know, besides keep them with me. ☺

My friend, Katie, called last night and asked when she could bring me dinner.  I told her she didn't hafta do that.  Her response, "I didn't ask if I could.  I asked when I could."  I love bossy friends like that.

So.  I'm sitting.  Texting with Denise about changes to my blog that she's making.  Texting with Treena about changes to my life that are happening that I'm less than thrilled about but have no control over.  And mulling over a blog post I need to write that I keep typing and deleting.

Try not to be jealous.


4 comments:

JB said...

Ouch! Rest as much as you can and take advantage of any help you get!

Sam said...

What's totally pathetic is that I really am jealous of the thought of getting to spend an afternoon alone, with nothing to do. But, let me very quickly say, I'd like to do that without breaking a bone!

So sorry it's actually broken. I hope you can keep your spirits up. Get some good books and make the most of it. Hang in there. Glad you have such good support.

Unknown said...

Ugly ankle. Cute blog.

Unknown said...

I hope you heal fast! Just do no over do it...REST. ;) I know easier said than done.
It sounds like you one sweet husband!! Let him take care of you... :)
Hope your spirits lift soon. :)