Yearbook club wanted a picture of us. So, I decided on the garbage can. I got in it, he sat on top of it. And I wonder why I didn't have boyfriends in high school...
High School was a blast for me. It was a new start. I ended my 8th grade in Selah and then started 9th grade in a new town. A new town that wasn't so new. I had been there for K, 1/2 of 2nd, 3rd, 1/2 of 5th, and 2 months of 7th grade. So, I knew most of the kids but not real well. 9th grade meant letting myself be the person I wanted to be, no matter what anyone thought. Most of the time I just wanted to make people laugh. I didn't ever do this...
but I would slam myself into lockers, talk into the garbage can and yell, "Mom! I'll see you after school!" Walk thru halls I wasn't supposed to and talk loudly, then run. I must have been pretty naughty to the subs because I remember various times my 11th and 12th grade years being sent out into the hall with my desk. One substitute, who always wore her hair in this really tight bun, came out and said, "are you ready to be a part of the class now?" I was enjoying my vacation in the hall, so I replied, "nope, not yet."I love being me. I love embarrassing myself for others enjoyment. It's a thrill really. I am 26 years old and still have not outgrown it.
Is there an age limit you think? I'm hoping not. I mean come on, my mom is forty-*** and she still does things like this.
I've got another 20 years to live this up!
No comments:
Post a Comment