Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Placing Blame

I'm really good at placing blame on anyone or everything else. My mother will attest to this. I was very good at it when I was younger. As I've "matured" I've gotten even better!

I've told ya before how I just get in these ruts. Funks, if you will.

Yesterday was a big one.

My dishes were done. Living room clean. Most laundry taken care of. Pretty easy day and all done by 9:30 am. I called my husband and we didn't argue really...but we didn't have a merry conversation like we usually do. The rest of my day was shot.

Not because of him, even though I'd like to say it was. It was because of me.

(Aren't you proud, Mom? I accepted the blame!)

Anyway, I couldn't figure it out, even until about 15 minutes ago why I had such a "bad" day yesterday and it was actually creeping into today.

I can't remember where I heard it, I'm thinking from the pastor at the church we used to attend, but I'm not 100%. Anyway, he said, "You talk like the one you talk to. You walk like the one you walk with."

And what he was saying was, "You talk like the One you talk to and you walk like the One you walk with."

But I haven't been. I haven't been talking to Jesus lately. Nor walking with Him, really. I mean I pray of course, throughout the day. Little prayers like:

"Lord, please help me not to strangle Jaylee for the toilet paper she just unrolled in the bathroom....and living room."

or

"Please keep us safe as we drive across town, let all the idiots stay home for the next half hour."

You know, prayers like that. Not the "down on my knees spending quality time with the Lord" prayers.

So, even though I'd like to blame my sour mood on the cold weather, gas prices, neighbor's cats, 1 vehicle, etc. It's actually the fact that I haven't been walking with Him. Haven't been talking with Him. I'm reaaally good at talking at Him. Just not with Him. So, I'm going to change that.

Right now.

I'm going to take just a few minutes out of my "busy" day and talk with the Lord. I'm an all or nothing kinda girl. I feel like if I don't spend an hour in prayer, why pray at all? That's not how He thinks. And I have to remind myself of that. Remember...some is better than none.

1 comment:

Kristie said...

Don't we all love to play the blame game! You will be blessed for taking this time out of your day!