Why I've decided to go for public humiliation in this post is beyond me but I thought it'd be fun anyway. Never know, just might make one of ya PYP. (pee your pants)
Most likely not...but still...I like to make you chuckle every now and again.
Not sure which of these are more embarrassing than the other, so I'm going to list them randomly. They came to me the other day. Most of the time I can't think of an embarrassing moment because, let's face it, there are too many to count to remember them all.
Guess the ones I remembered have left a scar.
Oh...I could list them chronologically. Good idea, Sarah. Oh, thank you.
1. The summer of '96, when I was 16 my boyfriend at the time, Eric and I are sitting on the couch talking with my mom when all of a sudden my sisters come flying in the door, screen slamming behind them. Megan, the youngest and 10 at the time yells, completely outta breath, "Mom, will they took food stamps for candy?!"
Oh how I wanted to crawl under the couch. Eric just looked at me. I shrugged. Yup, we're on welfare, I thought. Lovely.
2. Can't remember when this happened, but I know I was in high school. I'm hoping that I'm not the only one this has happened to...I wake up late for school one morning, throw on a shirt and a pair of jeans that were balled up on the floor. I'm in class, sitting in my chair and I feel something crawling down my leg. I panic and freak out-just sure a huge, scary, black spider is going to come crawling out. I start shakin' my leg all over the place. Kids around me are giving me strange looks. Finally the huge, scary, black spider comes out. Except it's not a huge, scary, black spider.
Nope.
It's my underwear.
Man, I loved high school.
3. Oh...this is a good one. To tell it I have to tell you a story first. Don't worry, it's not too terribly long. My mom, sisters and I have lived in many towns, cities and of course houses. Many of them have names. "Fifth Wheel" "Icky House" "Cedar St." "The Donut House" etc. Well, when we lived in the Icky House we didn't have a washer and dryer. Enough said about that house. So, on with my embarrassing moment.
I was 16 when I met Josh, my husband. Like I said in Tidbits, I knew I was going to marry him when I saw him. So, I wanted my family to make a good impression on him. But it's hard when you have a Megan. (in case you read this dear sister of mine, I love you, I love you, I love you) One cold night, we were sitting at the table drinking hot chocolate, horrifying him with the stories of all the houses we lived in. Just as Josh takes a drink of his hot chocolate Megan says, "and remember, Mom, in the Icky House how we used to have to turn our underwear inside out so we'd have a clean pair?"
Needless to say, he choked on his cocoa.
And you were beginning to wonder why he married me.
4. This isn't too bad, but it still embarrassed me. This fall Jaylee was pretty sick. She'd been throwing up all night and into the next day. I'm not big, panicky mom or anything but I didn't know what was wrong with her. I called the doctor and they told me to bring her in as soon as possible. I realized I hadn't gotten dressed yet so I throw on a hooded Gap sweatshirt with pockets in the front, a pair of jeans, slap my hair up in a pony and we head out the door.
We check in, receptionist tells us to take a seat. We sit down. I go to put my hands in the pockets of my sweatshirt but can't.
Why?
Because it's on inside out. That's right. Bet the receptionist wondered what brand Pag was.
If only she'd been cool like me.
There you have it. A few embarrassing moments in the life of Sarah Lee.
*This post has been edited to give you even more enjoyment of my public humiliation
At age ohhh, I'd have to say 8, we were going to have corn on the cob (or, as my sisters used to say, corn and the cob) My mom, being the wonderful teacher that she is, told me how to husk corn. So, this is what I did:
I put a paper bag over my head.
Then I spun around several times.
This is what she did:
Laughed hysterically.
Then, a year later we had to go to ShopKo. It was winter outside...a cold winter. We had a Mustang hatchback with leather seats. Possibly pleather, I dunno. Anyway...so, we are in ShopKo and I had a few dollars my mom had given me to buy her a gift, she was nice like that, so we split up. While I was on my own, I realized I had to go potty. Real bad. I was looking all over for my mother. Why I wasn't looking for a restroom...I have no idea. I looked for her all over the place. By the time I found her, I'd wet my pants. Seriously, 9 years old and I peed myself.
Oh, it gets better. She was very sympathetic, we got out to the car and she assured me it was okay. Blah, blah, blah. We get to our apartment, I get up off the seat, (remember...it's winter) and steam comes rolling up off the seat. She lost it. Guess her sympathy ended there. I think she laughed harder than when she taught me to husk corn.
2 comments:
Sweet! At least the sweatshirt wasn't covered in puke! As far as "Icky House" goes well I guess its all in the name!
the image of the steam rolling off the pleather seats - I better go find a bathroom.
Post a Comment