Wednesday, August 22, 2007

A Bad Day gets Worse but Funny

Ready or not, here I rant.

Today is one of those days where I question my decision to be a stay at home mom.

I'm posting this, knowing full well it's possible I'll be looked down upon for what I say but it's also possible someone will hear and understand, have been there and know what to say.

She's just been making me crazy. I don't know what it is. Most likely it's me and my lack of patience. I am beyond selfish when it comes to time for me. I want it. I don't get enough of it. I get more "me time" than many SAHMs, but still I want more. Yet I can't even imagine time without her. I don't like being without her. But there are days, like this one, where I think I'm gonna go nuts!

We met Josh for lunch today and he commented how she was being overly talkative and whiny and didn't know how I do it all day. I was wondering too. Days like today push me to the edge.

The post title would make one think there's a funny part to the story. Oh there is...

So, after we have lunch at "McDunna" I decide to continue being out and about since we're always at home. We go to Penney's and they're having a shoe sale. Totally scored but that's beside the point...I have 4 pair of shoes, I set Jaylee in a chair, tell her to be still and stand in line. There are sunglasses for half off. The ones I own are real cheapies that I don't really care for, so I justify getting new ones. I find a pair I like and add it to my pile.

She rings me up, comments on how good Jaylee is, I say "thanks" but I'm thinking "want her?"

We leave. I pull out my new sunglasses, pull off the tags and stick 'em on.

We start to drive away and this man next to me is staring at me like I'm a weirdo. Which I am, but how does he know?! Yeah, so right now, about 2 minutes before I started typing this post I realize why.

On top of my head are my old sunglasses.

Uh huh, I was wearing both pair.

At the same time.

Like a moron.

It made me feel like an idiot but it was also funny. I had to laugh. Here I'd been taking myself and all my daily "trials" so seriously today and then I look like a goober in public.

"My name is Sarah, and I'm a moron."

2 comments:

Kristie said...

Seriously you crack me up! I think the days that our kids annoy us the most are to pay us back for all the days that we were total stinkers to our own mothers...it will be a never ending cycle!

Jeana said...

Well you're in good company. This is like the time I glanced in the rearview mirror and noticed that one of the lenses in my sunglasses was missing. And I was wearing them. And hadn't noticed.

Or the time I was leaving a new friend's house and as I was saying my goodbyes I pulled out my keys and put my sunglasses on my head, just in case I might need them on the drive home. At 11:00 at night. And no I don't live in Alaska.