Oh, the husband.
Sunday was my MIL's birthday. I made her cake. Since my name is Sarah Lee, it just wouldn't have been right for me not to make her cake.
I drove it over there on my own, seeing as how the husband took the child on a bike ride and was going to meet me over at the in-laws. I ask how I'm s'posed to get the cake over there without it falling all over the place.
He rigs something up. Leaves on his bike.
The first turn I make...
you guessed 'er, cake fell.
Praise the Lord it didn't fall completely off the pedestal plate I had it on. I pull over, grumbling that the husband would go for a bike ride at such an inopportune time. I kinda, sorta, but not very well fixed the cake.
We sing happy birthday. Husband is dishing ice cream and asks, in front of everyone mind you...
"Did you use a Sara Lee brand cake mix?"
"Nope, I used Duncan Hines. Had I used Sara Lee it would have been about 37 bucks for the box instead of 2."
"Oh, Sara Lee's an expensive brand?"
everyone in the room, in unison, "yes!"
"Well, then I'm glad I married the white trash version."
1 comment:
*@*.. your husband.
Post a Comment