Tuesday, August 14, 2007

My Nose and other insecurities....

It's been brought to my attention that my nose is...uh...how do I put it so I'm not offended by my own words?

I'll just say it. She's big. My.nose.is.big.

And I'm okay with that. I think. When looking in the mirror, which honestly I try not to as much as possible, I don't notice it much. But when I see a picture of myself, my nose is definitely the first thing I see.

I come by it honest though. My mom's nose isn't tiny and my dad (RIP) didn't have a small nose either. (Might be now...but wasn't then.) So, I really didn't have much of a chance to get a cute little button nose.

When I was younger I remember comments about it. My mom will deny it up and down but I do remember things being said. It doesn't bug me though. I just hope Jaylee grows into hers, because if she doesn't...poor girl...she's going to live with being teased for the rest of her life as well.


Right now of course, she's cute. But Josh stills asks me, "when will we not be able to see up her nose anymore?" Cracks me up every time.

I used to have an issue with my toes, too. It wasn't until my Sophomore year of high school that I would wear sandals without socks. Yeah, I was cool like that, sandals and socks. In case you aren't aware...that's not in. Don't wear sandals with your socks!

Now, my feet don't bug me. They may bug other people, but I'm okay with them now. They could definitely be worse.

My weight is always a heavy subject. Hehehehe, I'm funny. I used to be thin. Then I got married. Ugh. Not the marriage, just the weight. Then I got thin again. And then got pregnant. Ugh again. And again, not the kid, just the weight. Gaining 56 lbs while I was pregnant was not pretty. My feet were sausages and a friend of mine told me I was almost unrecognizable. That was comforting. I've lost 36 of that 56. Only 20 to go!!! Seriously, baby weight is now toddler weight. Sigh... You'd think running after her all day would make me skinny but it hasn't worked. Think I'm gonna go have a Snickers bar now....

My insecurities are really something that I think little of. I've gotten a lot better about being comfortable with myself. I may have a big nose, but I'm fun. I may have not-so-cute feet, but I'm a good wife and mommy. I may have some extra pounds attached to my rear,(and thighs, and gut)...but I'm a good friend. I've decided that things I worry the most about end up being the least important.

So...here's to me and my first day not caring about them! Yee haw.

2 comments:

amber said...

I love your 2 and half Rolo nose (mine being a 3 Rolo). And your teeny tiny feet. At least you have the good sense to realize all the great things that ACTUALLY matter!

Melissa said...

My beautiful Sarah, I love, love, love you!