Monday, August 13, 2007

The Greatest Weekend, Ever!

We're home. And I'm not even close to being unpacked. However, I thought I'd share some of the pictures I took while we were gone. I only took a few with my digital, the rest are with my still camera and I'll get those back in a couple of weeks. (Thank you, Treena for developing them!)

We had a ton of fun. A little run down of our weekend:

We left Thursday afternoon, got there around 8, I think and played a lil Yahtzee. (I won!) I was so excited to see my niece, Breena. Love this girl. Not that you can tell by the picture, but she's only 11! She's beautiful, inside and out. She can tease and be teased. She has a great sense of humor and is wise beyond her years. She may only be 11 but she's 4 inches taller than I am, yeah, I know...not hard to do.

Melissa came over on Friday morning and Treena, Breena, Melissa and I went and ran some errands while Josh took Jaylee and Sareena to the Lego store and on a bike ride. It was a ton of fun having Melissa with us for the day! Later in the day we all went to Target and my crazy husband pulled this stunt on the red ball. Seriously wish I had his stomach muscles! I'll blame the cancer surgery on the reason I don't have them, and not the lack of exercise! :)

Late Friday night, Josh's brother and his wife showed up with their little girl.

Saturday morning the 10 of us were up, ready and outta the house around 8:30 to head to the beach. On the way we had to stop at a coffee shop, I just can't function without it and I'm not the only one...Chad. :) We got to the beach, set up our camp and then took a bunch of family pictures. The kids and husbands just wanted to play but us girls had business in mind and wanted to get that done before everyone dispersed to do their own thing.

I'd found a pair of water shoes for Jaylee at a second-hand baby shop on Friday, so that was awesome. What wasn't awesome was the fact that she did not like to get them wet! It was pretty funny.


We played, we bbq'd, we played some more. After about 5 or 6 hours of beach time we went to dinner at The Pelican. So yummy!

Sunday we played heathens and went for a 15 mile bike ride instead of attending church. Yeah, I know...naughty us! We had such a fun time on the ride. Scenery was great, the company was awesome and the weather was perfect.

Pretty much couldn't have asked for a more fun time.

Looking forward to October when the entire family will be together at the beach in celebration of Joshua's grandpa's 85th birthday.

Hope your weekend was great as well!

2 comments:

Kristie said...

Sounds like a good time! Seriously feeling you on the coffee thing!

Melissa said...

I had so much fun with all of you! Keep up with the veggie thing, you make me proud!