Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Undeserving

My sweet husband has been extremely busy the last couple of weeks and during that time I've felt neglected. Unloved. Unwanted.

Poor me.

I'm so good at feeling sorry for myself.

Instead of being understanding and supportive about his busyness, I (at first) didn't say anything. We didn't talk much during those two weeks. We co-existed. He had food and clean clothes and I let him share our bed, even though I thought he should sleep on the couch.

And then I just burst!

I couldn't stand it anymore. I was tired of being quiet about it. I tried to play it off as if it were a joke to me that he hadn't spent much time with me but he knew. I could see it in his eyes. And then in the way he walked after that.

I had hurt his feelings. He's been busy trying to make improvements for our family. He wasn't selfishly busy.

Last night after Jaylee went to bed he gets a dishpan, fills it with really warm water and places it at my feet. He goes into the bathroom and comes out with an exfoliating mitt, soap and Neutrogena body oil.

He proceeds to wash my feet, exfoliate them, massage them and then when he was done he put the oil on my feet and massaged them some more.

Seriously.

It should have been me doing this for him. He's the one who has been busy. The one who has been working so hard for our small family. Yet, he humbled himself and washed my feet and in the process, I was humbled.

I was undeserving and yet he still loved me and washed my feet and then apologized for his lack of attention.

This man I have been blessed with is such an example to me of Christs' love for me. I will be forever thankful to Him for Joshua.

"But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us." (Romans 5:8)

1 comment:

Kristie said...

God did well with him! Lucky girl to have him.