I went to the mailbox yesterday (clothed) and found a fun box containing a Close to My Heart catalog and a couple of fun magazines! So fun! (Thank you, Treena)
But, also in my mailbox is this catalog that comes every few months and every time I see it...I'm sad.
It's a catalog filled with all the classes available at our community college. I've always wanted to go to college. Always.
I don't really know why since I don't really have a desire to have a career but I just love to learn. I love to have random information in my head.
It might also be that I love school supplies. Like Trapper Keepers and Pee Chees and pencils with really cool erasers on top and the lil grip thingy so you don't get a pencil bump. Sharpies and mechanical pencils. I love it all.
But really, that's not why I want to go to college. I can't say why I want to go, because I really don't know why. It's just always been something in my heart. But, it costs money (which we don't have) and time away from home (which I don't have) so I'm thinking I'm going to have settle living vicariously through Amber, who is going to college.
Even if I could go, I probably wouldn't. How silly does that sound?! I have fears. Fears like you wouldn't believe. A few of them:
Where's the front door?
Do I wear a backpack?
If I do wear a backpack, do I sling it over one shoulder or both?
Do we have assigned seats?
Do I have to ask to use the restroom?
Will I be called on and if I don't know the answer, everyone will chuckle?
What if I can't find my class?
The list could go on and on I tell you. It really could.
So, if I had a windfall of money, most likely I still wouldn't go to college. However, it's still I dream I have and maybe...just maybe, I'll go.
3 comments:
The front door is in the front.
You can wear a backpack
Either one or both shoulders, your choice
No assigned seats
You can pee when you choose, no hallpass required
You may be called on, but who cares?
If you made it through second grade finding your class, you got it made.
You're ready
Oh.. my... have I been where you are.... all I have to say is put one foot in front of the other and DO IT!!! I was so so scared... and I walked across that stage to get my diploma and it was a PROUD day!!!! I am now in the middle of my Master's Degree and it feels so so rewarding. There is a great thing out there... Financial Aid! Go!!!
BTW... I love the annonymous post whoever that was!
Post a Comment